Saturday, April 22, 2017

Memorabilia

This is real. The conversation is made up because it was by text, but this actually happened.

Not kidding. A World War II grenade. It was with things belonging to my uncle who died in December, but he may have gotten it from another uncle who died twenty five years ago and just shoved it in the attic without telling anyone. If my grandparents knew about it, they didn’t tell my aunt when she and her husband bought the house from them, which seems really unlikely.

Oh, and the answer to the above question is that you call the police and they call in the bomb squad to get rid of it.

Quite a Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. Letting people know there's a grenade in the house is kinda important.

    Was it worth anything or could it be donated to a museum? I have some Japanese airplane symbols my father brought back from WWII that I know a museum would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the heirloom to pass down! Unusual, certainly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's something you don't hear of every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! I shouldn't laugh, but it's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... Was the pin in it? That's all you really need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as the pin was still in, I guess it's pretty safe to hang onto...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes. Bomb squad? They didn't blow up the house, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually know a family member who had the same thing happen after an elderly relative died. Those old folks must have been expecting an invasion or something and wanted to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.