Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September Goals

None is going to be “be on time”, that’s for sure. Or “be productive”. Ugh, September. Just ugh.

Let’s see how I did last month…

August Goals

1. Work on REMEMBER notes. I’m only putting “work on” because it is vacation month after all. Plus…well, you’ll see in my next goal.
I did a few things, but not nearly as much as I should have. The end of the month, before the vacation, I mean, was somewhat unpleasant (although nothing compared to the beginning of September).

2. Add 20K to my new WIP. Yes, you read that right. I started another one. The idea was nagging at me and I couldn’t ignore it!
Not quite 20K, but not bad at all. I’d call this a win.

3. VACATION!!! WOO!
Well, obviously.

Kind of meh. And now, September…

September Goals

1. Work on REMEMBER notes. I’d really prefer getting them all done, but…it’s not going to happen and no amount of goading myself will help, so I might as well be realistic and promise myself to do something.

2. Add 10K to the new WIP. Only ten because I really want to make some headway on those notes, and I figure it will be better not to over commit.

3. Work on making the stick figure comics a regular part of the blog. Honestly, I’m surprised how many people seem to enjoy them. I probably won’t be able to think of something funny every week, but maybe every other.

Ugh, September. UGHHHHH.

What are your goals for this month? Anything cool going on with you guys?

7 comments:

  1. Those sound focused enough. I did enjoy the stick figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goals? What are these goals? Is that a sports ball thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of September? I'm sorry. I'm not a fan of the weather, but other than that, once things start picking up, September is cool. (Although, I'm on jury duty this week, so that's put me on hold all week.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the word count. Sometimes ideas can't be ignored. I'll start a manuscript and juggle another one or two on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like manageable goals to me. You got this. And you know stick figures are necessary for life, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stink at writing goals. Maybe I need goal to write goals???

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.