Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Four

My blog is officially four years and one week old today. It has left its screaming, tantrum-y toddlerhood and moved on to its screaming, tantrum-y pre-school years. About a month ago, when I remembered my blogiversary was coming up, I thought up a bunch of things that I should say for it. But I never wrote it down so, yeah, I guess that’s not going to happen.

As I say every year (seriously, I looked back on my past blogiversaries), I’ve learned a lot from blogging, and most of it is how to be a better writer. When I look back at the things I’ve written pre-2010 (along with some of the things post-2010), I shudder. Not a weak, goose-walked-over-my-grave shudder, but the kind you get when you smell something awful and think you’re going to puke.

That visual is brought to you by the thing my cat was playing with last night.

Anyway! Blogging has made me happy, and I’ve also made a lot of good friends. Some of you have been here from way back in 2010! And of course, the others who came along later on, but are now permanent members of my blog roll : ).

If the internet would disappear tomorrow, you can’t imagine how bummed I would be. Well, maybe you can. To anyone who thinks that the internet and social media isn’t a valuable tool, I say you haven’t been using it right.

We may not have ever met face-to-face, but you guys are still my friends, and I thank you for checking back here Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays week after week, year after year. And after blogging for four years, I can safely say the only thing that will stop me is the heat death of the universe.

See you next time!!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy bogiversary! 4 years is a long time! I too would be totally bummed if the internet disappeared tomorrow. I have made so many wonderful friends - yourself included - through blogging and connecting online. Don't know where I'd be without it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy four years! Think I've only been around for one. (How many years does it take to get on your blogroll?)
    I'd be bummed if the Internet vanished. I've made so many friends here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!! Blogging truly is life-changing isn't it? I met my fiancee through our blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only the heat death, huh?
    You'd keep going right through the cold death? That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! So glad I found you. Always fun to read your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary. Here's to four more years. (Oops, that sounded like a presidential election...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on four years of blogging! And yes, I don't know what I'd do if the internet vanished! (I do have physical addresses for some of my internet friends. I guess I could write them a letter?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogiversary!! I love the toddler metaphors. I was actually thinking the exact same thing - my blog is now a little over one, which means it's toddling around, unstable on its feet, and trying to put everything in its mouth. Yup. Sounds about right...

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.