Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgrieving

I think I actually used this title last year. But it still applies, so I'm using it.

Ugh. This was not the Thanksgiving I looked forward to. I didn't think it was possible to be worse than last year's, but somehow it was. It's like everyone in my family, except for three of my cousins, has degenerated to a bunch of loud, drunken children. Seriously, the teenagers were more mature than their parents. I feel bad for my cousin, who brought her boyfriend over just as things descended into the third circle of hell.

The only thing this mess has taught me is that alcohol should be banned from my family's gatherings. And that if people don't get that the joke isn't funny anymore, they have to be stopped by force before it goes way too far.

Please tell me you had a better Thanksgiving than me. Any cheery stories out there?

6 comments:

  1. I remember your Thanksgiving post from last year. Seriously you should write a book about your family. It would make a great novel and then we readers of your blog would get the rest of the story, or the whole story or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your less-than-stellar T-day experience. Mine was marred a bit thanks to a couple of relatives too. Ah...families...but I did go see "Breaking Dawn" with my younger daughter and enjoyed it! I hadn't read the book so was pleased at how it ended (how part 1 ended). May you have a better experience next year! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Thanksgiving next year is better too. I had a small one with just the hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man that sucks. Sorry! Being in South Africa, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so it's just been a regular past few days for me. But I know that things don't always turn out peachy when lots of family members get together...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that your Thanksgiving was a disappointment. I think for a lot of people, alcohol should be banned! It just does bad things to some people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that. A fair amount of people shouldn't drink. Alcohol does them no good.

    And you're not alone in having troubles with relatives. I'd imagine many of us have at least some that we'd prefer to drop off the planet. I know I'm no longer on speaking terms with my sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.