Monday, April 11, 2011

Websites for Writers


Whew. I spent the morning fighting the scourge of ants in the kitchen. Unpleasant. But that's not what you came here for. Let's talk about Skype. Again, not a website, per se, but a useful internet tool. Skype is for talking to someone over the internet, kind of like Chat Roulette without the roulette. And inappropriate behavior.

Yes, it’s like using the phone, but the basic version Skype is free (or at least, it costs as much as you pay for internet usage) and can be used for video conferencing. It’s great for things like conversing with your critique partner or a friend you haven’t seen in a while.

Like I said, the basic version is free, which means you can talk to anyone who also has Skype. You can sign up for extra features that basically turn it into a replacement for a phone service.

Full disclosure: I haven’t used Skype. But I have friends who swear by it and I certainly see its usefulness. If you want to keep keep in touch with someone far away, it sounds great.

1 comment:

  1. I've used the basic version of skype and it's really great.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.